What is it about?
We strive to provide excellent performance for all of our customers' accounts, so the purpose of our usage policy is to eliminate bad practices that could lead customers to negatively impact the performance of others.
In fact, although each customer's accounts are isolated from each other, as you can well imagine the servers must still share hardware and network resources.
This policy exists to clearly define the resource usage limits of our plans and to also outline the content that we do not allow on our servers.
Resource usage limits
The 'Default Limit' will apply to all cPanel accounts. Individual accounts can be 'boosted' through our packages. For any reference, please refer to the descriptions on the page https://www.easygreenhosting.com/pacchetti-web-hosting-ecological/
- Accounts must not exceed an average of 1 second of CPU time per query, for MySQL queries executed in a given hour.
- Databases may not be accessed from externally hosted sites except for database administration purposes.
- Databases within an account must be actively used by that account and may not be used for historical archival purposes.
- The default concurrent MySQL connection limit is 30. This may be increased on a case-by-case basis if your plan allows multiple concurrent connections, subject to review by our system administration team. You may be able to reduce the number of concurrent connections your site or application requires by using page or database caching.
- Attachments larger than 25 MB should not be sent via email.
- IMAP/POP email boxes must be no larger than 8 GB each. Old mail can be archived or deleted to stay under this limit. If you need larger boxes, our packages are available Business Email.
- Outgoing emails should not be sent to more than 50 recipients at one time.
- If you need to send mail to more than 50 recipients per email, you need to use mailing list software. Any software of this type should be able to limit the sending of emails in order to stay within the limits stated above. Mail software without this functionality is not allowed.
- Mailing lists / email marketing can be sent to up to 2,000 unique recipients. Users with mailing lists greater than 2,000 subscribers will require a solution hosting cloud, or they can use an SMTP or API gateway.
- All emails sent to a mailing list must contain a link to unsubscribe from an automatic email removal system. This system does not need to be password protected.
- You cannot send more than 200 emails per hour.
Any process attributed to or initiated by your user account must not:
- Creare core dump.
- Run a script or binary that forks in one way to create a bomb fork or spawn subprocesses.
- Run in the background.
- Open a network port.
- Open more than 100 files.
- Open or access a file larger than 2 GB.
- You are not allowed to access other servers or networks from our server.
- You cannot use the 'find' command recursively on folders more than 5 levels deep.
Junk Email / SPAM
Unsolicited email/SPAM not only places a financial burden on you, but can also severely damage our reputation as a spam-free network. This damage may prevent the delivery of legitimate email through our network or servers. Therefore, we maintain a zero-tolerance anti-spamming policy. We prohibit the sending of SPAM or any unsolicited commercial email, sent from our network or any network if the email advertises or in any way mentions a site hosted on our network.
We do not allow sending emails from 'purchased' lists, you can only send emails to lists you have personally collected. We learn about shopping lists because they almost always contain spam trap email accounts, monitored by spam prevention groups.
In addition to bulk emailing, we prohibit account holders from posting messages simultaneously to a large number of newsgroups, websites, or forums and/or posting obscene or threatening messages using or referencing one email address. or to the URL of a website hosted by our network.
If you violate this policy, your account will be subject to a thorough investigation and may be terminated without notice. Any damages will be prosecuted within the limits of the law.
We do not allow pornography, including images, videos, links to adult sites, or sites containing sexually explicit content.
Backups, archives and FTP space
Hosting accounts should be used for the purposes of website hosting: they should not be used to back up content from remote computers, as a general purpose file storage system, or as an FTP upload archive. We allow a single backup of your account to be stored in your space, however these must not be retained for more than 45 days. We do not allow the storage of audio music, videos, photos or other downloadable media unless these files are specifically used on your publicly accessible website.
CPanel maintains a 'trash' that allows you to restore files that have been deleted from the cPanel file manager or recover emails that have been added to an IMAP bin. Files and emails in the trash will count towards your total disk space usage. Trash bins can be manually emptied by customers, but it's important to note that trashed contents will be automatically deleted once they have been in the bin for 30 days.
We do not allow hosting of real-time chat software from your hosting account. Third-party chat solutions that integrate with your website but are hosted remotely are permitted.
All installed third-party web applications must be updated. The inability to keep third-party applications updated leaves them open to vulnerabilities, which can lead to server exploitation. It is your responsibility to regularly check for application updates: we recommend doing this once a month. Any applications that are actively exploited will automatically be disputed and we will contact you to alert you of the situation. If you decide to take no action, the quarantined files will be automatically deleted after 14 days.
The following is strictly prohibited:
- Banner rotation and link exchange services.
- Bit torrents or other peer-to-peer applications, trackers and clients.
- Offering free or paid images, files, documents, or data storage.
- Offer free hosting or email services.
- Online role-playing games, hate sites, sites that promote hacking, SPAM, warez content or other illegal activities.
- Material that infringes the rights (including intellectual property rights) of others.
- Using a public download mirror.
- Manage a game server.
- Running a proxy server or anonymizer, publicly accessible or password protected.
- Web spiders and indexers.
- IRC Egg Drops and related programs.
- UltimateBBS, Ikonboard, YaBB, YabbSE.
- Shell, SSH, Telnet Scripts e tutte le alternative.
- Formmail.pl, formmail.php, formmail.cgi Or alternative names for the same script, except the safe version available for installation from Control Panel.
- Any script that uses a large flat file database.