A+ QUALITY DATA CENTER
SAFETY AND AUTONYMY
Our primary host facility is built with energy-efficient design principles, with closed hot aisle containment, economical chilled water cooling, and powered by electricity generated entirely from renewable sources.
The entire facility is audited according to ISO 14001:2015 standards for the environmental management system. The facility was designed from the ground up with industry-leading physical security in mind, with iris scanners, 3m security fences, blast-proof windows, computer-controlled motion detection and more, to ensure that computer systems and the data within are fully protected.
Continuous operation is ensured by multiple mains power supplies, UPS-protected power supply, air conditioning and diesel backup generators with real-time refueling and fuel supply contracts for critical services.
Fiber enters the building through dedicated private north and south conduits into communications rooms at opposite ends of the building, and the all-BGP 130Gbps network is routed by state-of-the-art Juniper routers.
VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) and FM200 fire suppression system are installed throughout and the building is manned by on-site security personnel 24/7.
- Powered by 100% renewable energy as specified by E.ON (the supplier) and as regulated by Ofgem
- Dual dedicated 11,000V (HV) connections via different supplies in private ducts and with private HV substations
- 2N stand-by diesel generators with continuous fuel arrangement
- 2N different UPS systems
- Generator systems are subject to bi-weekly start-up tests and monthly service visits
- The power supplies are fully conditioned for surge suppression
- The server racks are powered by both different feeds
- Power Consumption Effectiveness (PuE) of 1.2
- Dual fiber entry via dedicated private conduits and 130 Gbps network capacity
- Diversified dark fiber connectivity in London
- Other network POPs located in Telecity Sovereign House and Telehouse North datacenters
- The BGP network is routed by state-of-the-art Juniper MX routers
- Dual networking drops across every rack without a single point of failure
- A blend of premium network providers including NTT, Level3, Virgin Media, TalkTalk and Cogent
- Peering LINX con oltre 200 membri tra cui AT&T, BBC, BT, Cable & Wireless, Google, Telstra, Yahoo e altro!
- N + 2 high efficiency monobloc chillers with 2N high efficiency chilled water pump units driven by inverter
- Additional “Free Cooling” chillers to use external air to cool the data center when possible
- Chiller capacity of 10MW maintaining an optimal and constant data floor temperature at 22°C
- High efficiency evaporative chiller infrastructure
- Hot corridor containment with direct air intake
- Quarterly service visits with checks of CRAC units, chillers, pumps and piping
Security and fire systems
- Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standards
- Iris scanner and door access control
- 3m perimeter fence with spikes
- Rota Anti-raid barriers and explosion-proof windows
- Computer-controlled motion detection
- CCTV monitoring and flood lighting
- Human presence on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Awarded the Flagship “Secured by Design” award by the British Police.
- Protection of very early smoke detection equipment (VESA)
- FM200 Fire Fighting Systems (Inert Gas)
- Double zoning fire detection system
- BMS monitoring of fire, VESDA and gas alarm systems
- Quarterly service visits with comprehensive smoke testing
- Annual room seal integrity tests