What is it about?
We strive to provide excellent performance for all of our customers’ accounts, so the purpose of our usage policy is to eliminate bad practices that could lead customers to negatively impact the performance of others.
In fact, although the accounts of each client are isolated from each other, as you can imagine the servers must still share hardware and network resources.
This policy exists to clearly define the resource usage limits of our plans and also to outline the content we do not allow on our servers.
Resource Usage Limits
The ‘Default Limit’ will be applied to all cPanel accounts. Individual accounts can be ‘upgraded’ through our CPANEL-XL packages to allow for greater resource allocation, as shown in the table below:
|CPU Cores||RAM||I/O||PHP Processes||Concurrent MySQL Connections*||Total Processes||Files||Max DB Size||Applies To|
|1||0.5 GB||4 MB/s||20||30||60||250,000||0.5 GB||Standard cPanel Accounts|
|2||1 GB||8 MB/s||40||40||120||350,000||1 GB||Level 1 Boosted cPanel Accounts|
|3||2 GB||12 MB/s||60||60||180||400,000||2 GB||Level 2 Boosted cPanel Accounts|
|4||4 GB||16 MB/s||80||80||240||450,000||3 GB||Level 3 Boosted cPanel Accounts|
|5||8 GB||20 MB/s||100||100||300||500,000||4 GB||Level 4 Boosted cPanel Accounts|
- Accounts must not exceed an average of 1 second of CPU usage time per query, for MySQL queries that are run within a given hour.
- Databases cannot be accessed from externally hosted sites, except for database administration purposes.
- Databases within an account must be actively used by that account and cannot be used for historical archiving purposes.
- The default concurrent MySQL connection limit is 30. This can be increased on a case-by-case basis if your plan allows multiple concurrent connections, subject to verification by our system administration team. It may be possible to reduce the number of concurrent connections required by the site or application by using the page or database cache.
- Attachments larger than 25MB should not be sent by email.
- IMAP / POP mailboxes must not be larger than 4GB each. Old mail can be archived or deleted to stay below this limit. If you need more capacious boxes, our Business Email packages are available.
- Outgoing emails should not be sent to more than 50 recipients at the same time.
- If you need to send mail to more than 50 recipients by e-mail, you need to use the distribution list software. Any such software should be able to restrict the sending of emails in order to stay within the limits stated above. Mail software without this functionality is not allowed.
- Mailing lists / email marketing can be sent to up to 2,000 unique recipients. Users with mailing lists over 2,000 subscribers will require a cloud hosting solution, or can use an SMTP or API gateway.
- All emails sent to a mailing list must contain a link to unsubscribe from an automatic email removal system. This system must not be password protected.
- It is not possible to send more than 200 emails per hour.
Any process attributed or initiated by your user account must not:
- Create core dump.
- Execute a script or binary that forks in a way to create a fork bomb, or spawn subprocesses.
- Run in the background.
- Connettersi ad una porta della rete.
- Aprire più di 100 file.
- Aprire o accedere o aprire file più grandi di 2GB.
- It is not allowed to access other servers or networks from our server.
- It is not possible to use the ‘find’ command recursively on folders with more than 5 levels of depth.
Unsolicited Email / SPAM
Unsolicited email / SPAM carries not only a financial burden, but can also severely damage our reputation as a spam-free network. This damage can prevent legitimate email from being delivered via our network or servers. We therefore maintain a zero-tolerance anti-spamming policy. We prohibit the sending of SPAM or any unsolicited commercial email, being sent either over our network OR over any network if the email advertises or mentions in any way a site hosted on our network.
We do not permit email to be sent from ‘bought’ lists, you may only send email to lists that you yourself have collected. We are made aware of bought lists as they almost always contain spam trap email accounts, which are monitored by spam prevention groups.
In addition to the sending of bulk email, we prohibit account holders from cross-posting messages on a large number of newsgroups, websites or forums, and/or posting obscene or threatening messages whilst using or referring to an email address or website URL hosted on our network.
If you violate this policy then your account will be subject to a thorough investigation, and may be terminated without notice. Any damages will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
We do not permit pornography, including adult oriented pictures, videos, links to adult sites or sites containing content of a sexually explicit nature.
Backups, Storage Archives & FTP Storage Space
Hosting accounts are to be used for the purposes of hosting web sites – they are not to be used to back up content from remote computers, as a general purpose file storage system or as an FTP upload repository. We permit the storage of a single backup of your account to be stored within your space, however these must not be stored for more than 45 days. We do not permit the storing of audio music, videos, photos, or other downloadable media unless these files are being used specifically on your publicly accessible web site.
cPanel operates a ‘trash box’ which allows you to restore files which were deleted from the cPanel file manager, or recover emails which have been added into an IMAP trash box. Files and emails in trash boxes will count towards your total disk space usage. Trash boxes can be emptied by clients manually but it is important to note that trashed content will automatically be purged once they have been in the trash for 30 days.
We do not permit real time chat software to be hosted from within your hosting account. Third party chat solutions that integrate with your website but are remotely hosted are permitted.
All third party web applications that you install must be kept up-to-date. Failure to keep third party applications up-to-date leaves them open to vulnerabilities, which can lead to the server being exploited. It is your responsibility to regularly check for updates to applications – we would suggest doing this once per month. Any applications which are being actively exploited will be automatically quarrantined and we will contact you to advise you of the situation. If you decide to take no action, quarantined files will be automatically deleted after 14 days.
The following are strictly prohibited:
- Banner rotation services & link exchanges.
- Bit torrent or other peer-to-peer applications, trackers and clients.
- Offering of free or paid image, file, document or data storage.
- Offering free hosting or email services.
- Online RPGs, hate sites, sites that promote hacking, SPAM, warez content or other illegal activities.
- Material that infringes any rights (including Intellectual Property Rights) of any third party.
- Operating a public download mirror.
- Running a gaming server.
- Running a proxy server or anonymizer, either publicly accessible or password protected.
- Web spiders and indexers.
- IRC Egg Drops & Related Programs.
- UltimateBBS, Ikonboard, YaBB, YabbSE.
- Shell, SSH, Telnet Scripts and all alternatives.
- formmail.pl, formmail.php, formmail.cgi OR alternative names for the same script, except the secure version available for install from the Control Panel.
- Any script using a large flat file database.